Thursday 18 April 2019

How Big schools treat their workers , dont support the big schools

Hi there Miwa;
Here is what happened;
Basically before I went on my bicycle trip , work that I had expected to get was canceled, Nittaidai Sports university and some kids classes . So I, very politely sent an email and got the following reply;

"I have given you a web site and a Google calendar.
While I appreciate the work you offer. I do need a minimum amount per month and as you maybe aware. I have kept my schedule open on Monday in expectation of Nittadai.
Off late there has been quite a few cancellations "

        On Mon, Mar 18, 2019, 3:52 PM Paul Mason <paul.mason> wrote:
  "  Dear Stephen
I can’t keep 150 teachers schedules in my head at all times. And I have no idea when teachers’ schedules outside of Shane change.
If you would rather I didn’t offer you things, I am happy not to bother"

So,I didn't say anything. My schedule for March was very slim ( not much work) so I decided to take the chance to travel. When I got back I checked my schedule for April and there was NO work. So I emailed Anthony (the Sales manager);
"Hi there
Hope this email finds you in cheer.
Just looking at my schedule and I have a number of questions.
Hosoda High school in Shiki, ( Wednesday)    Shukutoku High school in Oji ( Fridays ) should have appeared on my schedule by now.
Next Month has only 3 classes.
Probably, its all hands to the pumps there at the moment. So I'm hesitant to say, but based on a 40 hr standard week , ( not a school week). I need at least 180min a day in order to keep the wolf from the door.
You can see my concerns.
Sorry to bother you with this. Especially as you , probably , have more important things to worry about.
Kind regards Stephen "

I received the following reply;
On 4/10/19 11:35 AM, Anthony Gardner wrote:
Dear Stephen
How are you doing? Yes, there have been changes and all sorts of issues we have been dealing with that are finally getting sorted
Related to that, unfortunately, both Hosoda and Shukutoku requested different teachers for the new school year so we can't offer you that work this time.
To be honest with you, I'm afraid we have had complaints from clients about you which makes it difficult for us to offer you work for certain clients. Also, for CSD, we simply don't have the work where we can guarantee a teacher a chunk of hours each day.
I'm sorry I couldn't give you better news.
Thanks
Anthony
This was a bit of a shock as I have always tried to do the right thing and a good Job. Im not perfect and make mistakes but I try hard so I sent another Email;
Dear Anthony;
Can you be specific about the complaints, as this is not the feed back I have received directly.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019, 4:01 PM Anthony Gardner <anthony.gardner@shane.co.jp> wrote:
Dear Stephen
This is what I heard from sales reps:
Hosoda said you just weren't a fit for the school there.
Kanda Hitotsubashi had issues with your communication with JHS students not being suitable for them.
At Keika Girls HS, you didn't follow the curriculum which caused problems for the teacher taking over the following day.
These are things we hear when we communicate with clients, sales reps, managers and teachers. Then we have to evaluate each teacher regarding their suitability for a client based on their track record.
You've done good work for us too of course but we have to consider every factor when dealing with 200 teachers and over 250 clients at CSD, and keeping everyone happy and the whole thing ticking along smoothly. I hope you can understand that.
Thanks
Anthony"

So I replied;
Thank you for letting me know
However, this does differ from the feedback I received.
However that is correct about the girls high school and curriculum. This was due to miscommunication.
Once again thank you for your time and consideration
Stephen

So this was a bit of a shock, so I emailed Hosoda High school just in case. ( and before I left for my bicycle trip. I spoke to the head teacher at Shukutoku High school and had positive feedback).
I got this reply;
" Hello.
I am not sure about the reason but we had interviews with some teachers and your name was not on the list.
It is not anything like you did  something wrong, but we needed more teachers since Hosoda junior high school has started, so had to have an interview.
I am sorry for not being able to give you good enough explanation.
We thank you for everything that you did for our students.
Thank you so much.
Sincerely,
#######"
So as far as I can see Shane csd hasnt put forward my name to pretty much ALL of the people I teach.
This has left me without work ( and money ) from May,  I have 100 000 yen in the bank and when that runs out I am in big trouble. So you can see I have to find work asap!
I would love to be able to continue to teach your class and WILL be there next week but I'm not sure what will happen after that !
Sorry for the long Email but this is exactly what has happened .

No comments:

Post a Comment